Improvers Italian Courses in Auckland & Wellington (A2)
Learn Italian in Auckland and Wellington with our fun immersion 8 week Improvers Italian language courses (A2) taught by experienced professional Italian teachers from Italy .In this Italian A2 Language Course you will learn to communicate about personal and family information, shopping, restaurants, your wiishes and discuss your opinions. Furthermore every lesson will include something about Italian Culture and People.
Our Italian Language Course Program follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and ranges from Level A1 to C2.
The A2 Italian level is broken in to Improvers 1, 2 and 3 (A2.1-3)
The formal CEFR objectives for A2 are:
- Can understand Italian sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e.g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in Italian in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of their background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need in Italian.
Italian Learning Outcomes:
Catch the main points in short simple messages:
- Identify information given by speakers relating everyday experiences e.g. personal and family information, shopping, restaurant, wishes
Handle very short social exchanges:
- speak around everyday experiences in simple terms
- Give personal and family information
- Interact in a shop
- Order in a restaurant
- Express wishes and hypotheses
- Give the reason for something, clarify their own position on an issue (I agree, I disagree, I think…, I believe…, I hope…, It is important that…
Read very short simple texts like an email, a menu, a timetable, an advertisement, a questionnaire, brochures of travel agencies, (online) shopping catalogues, radio and TV programme
- Scan for information and understand the main points of simple written documents around familiar issues (simple biographical and descriptive texts)
Write short, simple texts relating to matters of immediate need:
- Write a friendly letter to relate personal experiences or to invite, thank, congratulate or seek information.
- Write short, simple notes and messages on general topics for example "will be back in 5 minutes"
Learning Activities and Teaching Methods:
- Immersion language learning, Interactive lectures, multi-media techniques (audio/video/information technology), discussion with class participation, group/pair work
- Marin, T., & Magnelli, S. . Nuovo progetto italiano 1 (2009): Corso multimediale di lingua e civiltà italiana: Livello elementare (A1-A2). Roma: Edilingua. - Readily available at online bookstores and downloadable pdfs
- Available App with the text, audios and videos at Google play & Apple App stores.
- Each evening course is made of 10 x 1 1/2 hour weekly classes running for over 2 months at the same time and day of the week as its listed course start date. There are no classes on Public holidays.
Benefits of taking your Italian courses with the Italian Institute:
- You will learn Italian with qualified and experienced professional Italian teachers from Italy
- Progress in a friendly Italian immersion environment
- Benefit from a small class sizes which maximises your student and teacher interactions
- Follow a structured curriculum following the Common European Framework of Reference A1-C2 (CEFR - www.coe.int)
- Work toward internationally recognised exams (Celi, Cils, Plida, & AIL)
- Use the recommended Nuovo Progetto Italiano textbooks used in Universities worldwide including Victoria University, University of York, Oxford, Latrobe, Brown, MIT...
- Back up your learning with resources from our media-library
Italian School Locations:
- Auckland Central - Level 10, Acrossia House, 155 Queen St, Auckland
- North shore - Northcote Memorial Hall, 2 Rodney St, Northcote
- Hamilton - Trust Waikato, 4 Little London Lane, Hamilton, Waikato
- Wellington - Spanish House, 7 Moncrieff St, Mt Victoria, Wellington
- Wellington - Aro Valley Community Hall, 48 Aro St, Wellington (Closed for renovation)
- $150 includes 8 weeks of classes, an expert teacher from Italy and small class sizes, all for less than $19 a class. There are no hidden membership fees or contracts.
Italian courses start all year round - Enrol today!