intermediate Italian Courses in Auckland & Wellington (b1)
Learn Italian in Auckland and Wellington with our fun immersion 8 week Intermediate Italian language courses (B1) taught by experienced professional Italian teachers from Italy. In this Italian B1 Language Course you will learn to discuss cities and artistic attractions. Describe people, situations and past events asking for and giving advice, express the opinions, agreeing and disagreeing... Furthermore every lesson will include something about Italian Culture and People
Our Italian Language Course Program follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and ranges from Level A1 to C2..
The B1 Italian level is broken in to Intermediate Italian 1, 2 and 3 (B1.1-3)
The formal CEFR objectives for B1 :
- Can understand the main points of clear standard Italian input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Can deal with most situations likely to arise while travelling in an area where Italian is spoken.
- Can produce simple connected Italian text on topics that are familiar or of personal interest.
- Can describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans in Italian.
- You can understand the main points of clear standard speech on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- You can understand the main point of many radio or TV programmes on current affairs or topics of personal or professional interest when the delivery is relatively slow and clear.
- You can understand texts that consist mainly of high frequency everyday or job- related language.
- You can understand the description of events, feelings and wishes in personal letters.
- You can deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- You can enter unprepared into conversation on topics that are familiar, of personal interest or pertinent to everyday life (e.g. family, hobbies, work, travel and current events).
- You can connect phrases in a simple way in order to describe experiences and events, my dreams, hopes and ambitions.
- You can briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- You can narrate a story or relate the plot of a book or film and describe my reactions.
- You can write simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest. I can write personal letters describing experiences and impressions.
Learning Activities and Teaching Methods:
- Immersion language learning, Interactive lectures, multi-media techniques (audio/video/information technology), discussion with class participation, group/pair work
- Marin, T., & Magnelli, S. . Nuovo progetto italiano 2 (2009): Corso multimediale di lingua e civiltà italiana: Livello elementare (B1-B2). Roma: Edilingua. - Readily available at online bookstores and downloadable pdfs
- Free downloadable chapters: Unit 1 & Unit 3
- Each evening course is made of 8 x 1 1/2 hour weekly classes running for over 2 months at the same time and day of the week as its listed course start date. There are no classes on Public holidays.
Benefits of taking your Italian courses with the Italian Institute:
- You will learn Italian with qualified and experienced professional Italian teachers from Italy
- Progress in a friendly Italian immersion environment
- Benefit from a small class sizes which maximises your student and teacher interactions
- Follow a structured curriculum following the Common European Framework of Reference A1-C2 (CEFR - www.coe.int)
- Work toward internationally recognised exams (Celi, Cils, Plida, & AIL)
- Use the recommended Nuovo Progetto Italiano textbooks used in Universities worldwide including Victoria University, University of York, Oxford, Latrobe, Brown, MIT...
- Back up your learning with resources from our media-library
Italian School Locations:
- Auckland Central - Level 10, Acrossia House, 155 Queen St, Auckland
- North shore - Northcote Memorial Hall, 2 Rodney St, Northcote
- Hamilton - Trust Waikato, 4 Little London Lane, Hamilton, Waikato
- Wellington - Spanish House, 7 Moncrieff St, Mt Victoria, Wellington
- Wellington - Aro Valley Community Hall, 48 Aro St, Wellington (Closed for renovation)
- $150 includes 8 weeks of classes, an expert teacher from Italy and small class sizes, all for less than $19 a class. There are no hidden membership fees or contracts.
Italian courses start all year round - Enrol today!