Post intermediate Italian Courses in Auckland & Wellington (b2)
Learn Italian in Auckland and Wellington with our fun immersion Upper Intermediate Italian language courses (B2) taught by experienced professional Italian teachers from Italy. In this Italian B2 Language Course you will learn to discuss cities and artistic attractions. Describe people, situations and past events asking for and giving advice, express the opinions, agreeing and disagreeing... Furthermore every lesson will include something about Italian Culture and People.
Our Italian Language Course Program follows the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR) and ranges from Level A1 to C2..
The B2 Italian level is broken in to Upper Intermediate Italian 1 & 2 (B2.1 & B2.2)
The formal CEFR objectives for B2 :
- Can understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Can produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- You can understand extended speech and lectures and follow even complex lines of argument provided the topic is reasonably familiar.
- You can understand most TV news and current affairs programmes.
- You can understand the majority of films in standard dialect.
- You can read articles and reports concerned with contemporary problems in which the writers adopt particular attitudes or viewpoints.
- You can understand contemporary literary prose.
- You can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible.
- You can take an active part in discussion in familiar contexts, accounting for and sustaining my views.
- You can present clear, detailed descriptions on a wide range of subjects related to my field of interest.
- You can explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- You can write clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects related to my interests.
- You can write an essay or report, passing on information or giving reasons in support of or against a particular point of view.
- You can write letters highlighting the personal significance of events and experiences.
Learning Activities and Teaching Methods:
- Immersion language learning, Interactive lectures, multi-media techniques (audio/video/information technology), discussion with class participation, group/pair work
- Marin, T., & Magnelli, S. . Nuovo progetto italiano 2 (2009): Corso multimediale di lingua e civiltà italiana: Livello elementare (B1-B2). Roma: Edilingua. - Readily available at online bookstores and downloadable pdfs
- Each evening course is made of 8 x 1 1/2 hour weekly classes running for over 2 months at the same time and day of the week as its listed course start date. There are no classes on Public holidays.
Benefits of taking your Italian courses with the Italian Institute:
- You will learn Italian with qualified and experienced professional Italian teachers from Italy
- Progress in a friendly Italian immersion environment
- Benefit from a small class sizes which maximises your student and teacher interactions
- Follow a structured curriculum following the Common European Framework of Reference A1-C2 (CEFR - www.coe.int)
- Work toward internationally recognised exams (Celi, Cils, Plida, & AIL)
- Use the recommended Nuovo Progetto Italiano textbooks used in Universities worldwide including Victoria University, University of York, Oxford, Latrobe, Brown, MIT...
- Back up your learning with resources from our media-library
Italian School Locations:
- Auckland Central - Level 10, Acrossia House, 155 Queen St, Auckland
- North shore - Northcote Memorial Hall, 2 Rodney St, Northcote
- Hamilton - Trust Waikato, 4 Little London Lane, Hamilton, Waikato
- Wellington - Spanish House, 7 Moncrieff St, Mt Victoria, Wellington
- Wellington - Aro Valley Community Hall, 48 Aro St, Wellington (Closed for renovation)
- $150 includes 8 weeks of classes, an expert teacher from Italy and small class sizes, all for less than $19 a class. There are no hidden membership fees or contracts.
Italian courses start all year round - Enrol today!